Friday, August 28, 2009
Pot Stirrer
I forgot to put this little story in Abby's first day of school.....About a week before school started Abby had to go in and get her testing done. She was SO excited to meet her teacher and be in the classroom! When we got there, her teacher told us that they had quite a few last minute kindergarten kids sign up, so they were going to have to hire a 4th teacher. To make it fair, they were going to put all the kindergartners in a pot and the teacher that pulled them out would be their teacher. Abby was devastated. She REALLY wanted the teacher she originally had. All of the sudden, her excitement for kindergarten was over. She hardly talked about it, didn't have much interest in picking out a first day of school outfit and seemed more nervous than excited. I thought the stress of not knowing her teacher and not knowing what to expect was getting to her. My efforts to console her on these things, didn't seem to be helping. Finally, the day before kindergarten, I was helping her pick out an outfit. She finally asked me in a very serious voice..."mom...is it true that on the first day of school they are going to put all the kindergarten kids in a big pot and the teachers are going to pull them out because I don't want to be put in a pot." I could hardly keep a straight face, but explained that no, they would do no such thing and that she would still have the teacher she did her testing with. All of the sudden, she couldn't wait to go to school! What a silly girl!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so funny! You have to watch out for those literal children. I am glad that you figured out the problem before school started!
Post a Comment