The girls all wanted pioneer dresses SO bad this year, so I caved in and made some for them. I think they turned out really cute! They wore them for almost a whole week straight. When we went to the parade, someone came and politely showed us where the parade line up was and asked us which float we were supposed to be on. The girls got tons of candy and other goodies from the parade. After the parade, we decided to go on a picnic and cook dinner over a fire. An outing planned by me never seems to work out to well, and this one was no exception. The road I picked ended up being private property on both sides of the road. I kept thinking we would drive out of it, but we didn't until we ended up on a main highway. So, we kept going on the highway until we finally found a spot. By this time, we had been driving for about 2 hours and evening was quickly coming on. We pulled over and stopped, started the fire, and then it started to rain. We managed to cook dinner in the rain, hurried into the truck and came home. Over all, it was a really fun day and we really enjoyed it. Here are some pictures of the girls in their pioneer outfits! Hope you enjoy them!!
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Pioneer Day
The girls all wanted pioneer dresses SO bad this year, so I caved in and made some for them. I think they turned out really cute! They wore them for almost a whole week straight. When we went to the parade, someone came and politely showed us where the parade line up was and asked us which float we were supposed to be on. The girls got tons of candy and other goodies from the parade. After the parade, we decided to go on a picnic and cook dinner over a fire. An outing planned by me never seems to work out to well, and this one was no exception. The road I picked ended up being private property on both sides of the road. I kept thinking we would drive out of it, but we didn't until we ended up on a main highway. So, we kept going on the highway until we finally found a spot. By this time, we had been driving for about 2 hours and evening was quickly coming on. We pulled over and stopped, started the fire, and then it started to rain. We managed to cook dinner in the rain, hurried into the truck and came home. Over all, it was a really fun day and we really enjoyed it. Here are some pictures of the girls in their pioneer outfits! Hope you enjoy them!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute Cute Cute!!!
Did you put those on your site to sell? If not you should they are adorable!! We need to do a cook out before summer is over!
Those are so cute! Your girls are lucky to have such a talented mom. I don't think my kids would want to wear anything I made. (I don't think anything I made would be wearable.)
Your girls are growing up so fast!!! I can't believe it. They are so adorable in their pioneer dresses. It has been so fun to catch up. Keep the posts coming!
Post a Comment