
Life can be pretty tough when you are 5 going on 18. Sometimes people just don't understand you. Like the other day, I wanted to take my umbrella to dance class. We had a hail-ish day yesterday, it rained and hailed and rained and hailed all day long, so my mom let me buy an umbrella at the store. Today, the ground is still wet and if you look way over at the mountains, I am pretty sure I see a rain cloud. Well, I tried and tried to convince my mom she needed to get it down for me, but she said NO. I begged and pleaded and even tried crying. Finally, I had to get my point across, so I crossed my arms and stamped my foot (this means I am SERIOUS) and I said "Mom, imagine that you were a little 5 year old girl who just wanted to take her umbrella to dance class and she had a mean mom that kept telling her NO! What would you do??" Well, that mean mom looked at me and said "Kenzie, imagine that you were the mom of a 5 year old girl who kept whining and begging to play with something that is not a toy. What would you do?"
That was it. I went to my room, put on a happy face and tried again. "Mom, may I please take my umbrella to dance class? I won't open it up if it is not raining!?" Then I gave her a hug and told her I was sorry for whining and guess what? She said yes!! By the end of the year, I am sure I will have this manipulation thing down.
PS. Upon walking out into the hail storm, Kenzie said "This has been a hailish day!!"
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, she has grown up so much! I guess I keep picturing her as a little Sunbeam.
That is a cute story, and I love how you told it.
Tamra, I LOVE your writing! You are so dang funny. Please write a book--I will buy it and read it! Love ya!
Post a Comment