Anyway, the day we found out all of this, one of my friends brought me over a care package! Her kids can't have corn or wheat. It has been the hugest blessing. I don't think she will EVER know how much I appreciated that. I needed the support and I honestly didn't know where to start. The next day I tried grocery shopping. Her favorite food is a cheesy tortilla, no problem. ON the way to the cheese I checked out crackers, only to find they all have corn in them. Then we looked at potato chips (same row, we really don't buy these often) and they all had corn. Then I looked at hot dogs...corn. Yogurt...corn. Finally I get to the cheese. I wanted shredded cheese to make my life a LITTLE simpler...CORN. Serious!!?? The crazy lady in me came out. I wanted to shove my shopping cart as hard as I could, watch it destroy something, then take all the cheese and throw it as far as I could and then sit down and cry until my mommy came and told me it would be okay...but I am the mom...so that wasn't an option. Instead, I tossed the cheese back where it belonged and bought myself a brick of cheese that I can shred all by myself. No problem. Tantrum over, that is until I got to the tortillas and they have corn in them too. By this point, I was done. I bought some fresh fruit and vegetables and my cheese and left the store. I guess this is how we will be eating from now on!! Now, I need a bigger kitchen and a massive garden. Learning to enjoy cooking would be nice too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment