Sunday, March 21, 2010
hoping the millennium comes on a nice, warm spring day
So last week a lady I know called me. Sad news. Her father in law had passed away. I felt really bad for her. I have been through the whole losing a loved one unexpected thing, so it was hard to not cry on the phone. I made the usual statement..."IF there is anything I can do, let me know!". Well, turns out she did need something. She needed a pair of pants hemmed for the deceased. No problem! I told her to come right over and we would take care of it. I did wonder why it was so important to hem a dead guys pants...after all HE doesn't care! Since my house is ALWAYS spotless, I hurried and shoved everything in my room so they could sit on the couch while I worked my magic. We held the pants up to her husband to get a good guess on the length. He was about three inches shorter then her husband, who is a pretty tall guy. We all agreed on the size, I cut and sewed away. As I sewed, she explained that her Father in law was one of those people who would not leave his house without a fresh pair of clothes on and freshly combed hair. His daughters would have a fit if they knew he was buried in un-hemmed pants! A few minutes later I was done! I ironed them so they could go straight to the mortuary and drop them off. It is important to note that the mortuary needed them by 5 pm that day, and it was 5:30 when we finished. I held up my masterpiece only to see that I had made a pair of capri's. That is right. These things were short. SHORT??? How could this happen? We measured, held them up added a few extra inches, sliced and sewed. What went wrong??? I don't know what happened. All I know is that my husband wears a 30 length pantleg and this guy is way taller than him...these freshly hemmed pants would have been short on MY husband. All I have to say is that I REALLY hope they keep the lower half of the casket closed...and I really hope that this guy doesn't flip when he is resurrected in a nice, white pair of bermuda shorts!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah! This is so funny. I love you Tamra!
I am sure they were great! I have to admit it does make me laugh though!
Okay, I couldn't stop laughing. That is funny!
Maybe he'll start a new trend in the millenium!
Post a Comment