Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween!!

I was excited that this year for Halloween none of my girls wanted to be princesses! I am glad they are broadening their horizons...and realizing that they can be cute without huge disney princesses all over your dress! This year Abby decided what she was going to be first. She wanted to be Supergirl! There were some posts earlier of her, but I will add another picture just for fun. Thank goodness I let her wear her costume a couple days before Halloween because I found out that she couldn't take it off herself to go potty, so we had to re-make it!

Mackenzie wanted to be Fancy Nancy. We LOVE Fancy Nancy at our house! I couldn't find a Fancy Nancy costume, so I had to make this one too. Fortunately, aside from the sunglasses and sparkly shoes, we were able to use stuff we had laying around the house. I didn't mind buying the sparkly shoes because they will go with her Christmas dresses. I think she turned out cute! I was a bit surprised at how many people had never even heard of Fancy Nancy and thought she was a strange looking princess, but Kenzie felt cute and that is all I care about!!
Alysa took a long time to decide what she was going to be. She finally decided on a pink fairy! She was so cute! I was pretty much off the hook for her costume! I made her wand and flower crown, I was glad to find a use for the scrapbooking brads and fake flowers that have been laying around here! We all had a great Halloween and are now looking forward to Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Our Busy and Chaotic Life said...

They all looks so cute!!!! You could tell they all loved their costumes. Let us know when you are up for a nertz rematch!!!

Jen and Eric said...

Cute costumes! I am impressed that you make them all yourself. My kids end up with store bought. With my sewing skills it's safer that way. We love Fancy Nancy at my house too.